July 21, 2020 Starfish Market was alerted that an employee has tested positive for COVID-19. The employee had been on vacation and away from the store at the time of the diagnosis. The employee will remain in quarantine and will be continually tested and will not return to work until deemed healthy and approved by a physician. Starfish Market has contacted the USVI Department of Health, for their information. We will ensure that all employees are informed and understand the steps as outlined by the CDC, to best safeguard their own health and the health of our community,
Starfish Market continues to maintain the safest COVID-19 protocols including:
- Hand sanitizing stations located in the produce area, by the ATM machine, near the fresh meat coCoolers, and at the end of the aisle between the liquor of wine shelves.
- Carriages, handcarts, and cooler cases are sanitized every few hours throughout the day.
- Our associates have disinfecting wipes, gloves and hand sanitizers to use at work to help keep
themselves and customers healthy.
- Associates are frequently wiping down the checkout areas with disinfectant. This includes the belts and pin pads and pens at our registers.
- Associates are conducting regular hand washing.
- We encourage all store associates to stay home if not feeling well.
- Starfish Market asks our customers to stay just as vigilant during these uncertain times and requests the following, for the safety of all:
- Please wear a mask when entering the store.
- Please use our hand sanitizing stations before you begin shopping.
- Please practice social distancing with other customers.
- Please stay home if not feeling well